by Val Archer
Every child is born with a Divine Light inside. We are born to be co-creators with our Creator. Why, then, are we destroying our earth?
You can’t blame corporations and governments, or even the top 1% of humans who perhaps own most of the world.
You have the power to see and access your own strengths, your integrity. It is each one of us, individually, making the choice for light or dark, for freedom or slavery.
Sadly our educational system is teaching children to be puppets in a global economy that’s destroying our planet.
Watch this TED talk with Zoe Weil of the Institute for Humane Education:
==> The World Becomes What You Teach
Very few people are teaching children how to create a new world.
My friend Mark and I decided to do just that, starting right from where we live, in Gqeberha (Port Elizabeth) South Africa.
Our Teaching Goals
Our goal is to identify leaders amongst children living in Africa, and help them to be changemakers.
There are two kinds of leaders — those who buy-in, and those who drop-out. We plan to find leaders aged around ten,
- before they are fully brainwashed and buy-in — “I must get a good job in this economy to be rich.“
- or before they develop self-sabotaging beliefs and drop-out — “I must rob someone to be rich.“
We’ll ask teachers to identify both their class leaders and their class disrupters. To these children, we’ll show them a third path — create completely new structures.
Our young leaders will participate in lessons-via-tablet — online classes taught by experts in a field.
And come together in leadership camps run by Mark.
The online classes are to learn solutions. The camps are to practice these solutions, so each child has a chance to grow in the fruits of the spirit.
“The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.”—Galatians 5:22 (NIV)
I feel that our cause is to identify smart young children who show leadership qualities (puppies with big paws) — focusing on those who do not have the resources to reach their full potential.
We train them and give them the opportunity to excel at college and go on to become world changers.
I do feel we want to influence the cream who will be able to influence the world — soar like eagles… not grovel on the ground like turkeys!
I want to guide them to think outside the box, be full of love, and desiring peace on earth!
My vision is to teach our children to value each person’s uniqueness (and God-given dignity) and to applaud that person in their teeniest step forward.
A true leader is one who brings everyone else along with her or him. No one gets left behind.
As the physicists have discovered, we are all one.
Top Schools for the Brightest
As funds come in, we want to offer scholarships to the brightest of our young leaders, to:
- Move out of the poverty-stricken township schools, and
- Attend top schools with all the resources to reach their full potential.
Do you know Siya Kolisi? Siya is the FIRST BLACK Springbok rugby captain in the 157-year history of the game in South Africa, since 1862. He led our team to victory in the 2019 World Cup final.
Siya came from a township a few miles from us. He went to bed hungry as a child, was spotted at age 12, and was sponsored to attend the most prestigious boys school in our town. Today he’s a super hero.
That’s who LOV will find, fund, and coach — the Siya’s in our townships. We may have more girls than boys. Girls get the fewest opportunities yet create the best results, as micro-lender Muhammad Yunus discovered.
We envision the brightest of our girls winning a scholarship to Oprah Winfrey’s Leadership Academy for Girls.
Online Classes—Teaching Solutions
“You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”–R. Buckminster Fuller
There is a solution to every problem. This is what we’ll teach our young leaders.
To end poverty we can:
- Stop private banks — from controlling the supply and distribution of money;
- Move away from privately-owned banks — toward public banks and cooperative banks.
In the agricultural field, we can:
- Move away from Big Agribusiness monoculture farms — with their life-destroying GMO’s and pesticides;
- Move toward small-scale organic permaculture farms — that research shows is the only way to feed us all in a healthy and sustainable way;
- Begin by growing an edible garden — in our own back yard, or a nearby lot.
In institutions like government, corporations and NGO’s, we can:
- Move away from centralized hierarchical government with its built-in corruption;
- Move toward network governance where every stakeholder has a vote in the network.
In our own homes and families, we can:
- Move away from addiction to SFS drug (Sugar Fat Salt) — fast foods and factory foods that don’t look like anything in Nature, sold to us for profit;
- Move toward fresh organic fruits & vegetables straight from Nature, given freely to us by God to divinely nourish our body-minds.
The two co-founders of Leaders Of Vision are:
Mark Upman: the pastor of Summerstrand Community Church. Mark is also a builder. He and his wife Mercia have raised two daughters and a son to be outstanding leaders in provincial (State) and national teams. Mark’s facebook page is here.
Mark and Mercia launched Little Eagles at their church, a pre-school and after-school care center for 200+ children.
Little Eagles began with 4 children in a garage. Today it’s an impressive school building (which Mark built) accommodating all the teachers and children.
Val Archer (that’s me): I’m a woman writer, past age 70! Time flies when you’re fully alive 🙂 I write the website GreenSmoothie.com. My facebook page is here.
GreenSmoothie.com is the fundraiser for Leaders of Vision.
How Can You Help?
An easy way to participate is to:
- Join our Newsletter at GreenSmoothie.com.
- You instantly receive Val’s colorful Free ebook: Achieve Optimal Health & Brain Focus: Top 12 Tips for a Plant Rich Life.
- Then pass this ebook on! Help spread the message of Health and Healing.
When anyone purchases a product or program recommended on this website — we may earn a commission (not always) which goes to Leaders of Vision.
We already have everything we need! Now is the season for giving