How Automatic Sprouters Work & Chart Comparing Sprouters
March 28, 2017
Both the GoGreen Large and Small Sprouters are whisper quiet and fully automatic. You can go away for a week and return to sparkling living greens so long as it drains into a sink, floor drain or garden.
If you drain into a bucket, then you must keep an eye on the bucket! Many a time I let mine overflow :) Until I had the sense to start draining into a sink!
How My Automatic Sprouters Work
This is the very first home-built Sprouter! I built it in Albuquerque in early 2000 with my physicist friend, TD Raymond. I showed TD what I wanted. We went to Home Depot during his lunch hour and bought the parts.
Then I wrote & uploaded the Plans for anyone anywhere in the world to build their own Sprouter with off-the-shelf parts.
All other home-built Sprouters you see on the web today, got their ideas from this one :)
Later in 2000, pastor Dan Schaefer in Michigan began to assemble Sprouters for those who didn't want to build their own.
Today Dan's PVC Sprouter Stand holds your Sprouter at the exact angle it needs to drain efficiently.
Here's how it works — see photos on previous page first. The photos show all the parts like mist tubing & valve.
- Select a faucet that's turned on all the time, e.g. connect both your Sprouter and washing machine to the same faucet, using a Y-connector.
- A hose from the faucet leads to a valve with a timer. Keep this valve-timer over a sink if possible rather than at your Sprouter.
- Valve is connected to mist-tubing that leads into your Sprouter.
- Mist-tubing has mist-nozzles at regular intervals, and leads round the back and front of your Sprouter.
- Valve-timer switches the water on for three minutes every three hours.
- Water flows through the valve into your mist-tubing and mist nozzles.
- Nozzles mist your sprouts, baby greens & wheatgrass growing in their trays.
- There's NO soil in the trays.
- Trays have holes to drain the water out into the growing container.
- Container has a drain hole with screw-in spout.
- Spout is connected to a drain tube.
- Tube drains the water out into a sink, floor drain or bucket.
- You enjoy LIVING GREENS in your salads & smoothies — LIVING foods for LIVING bodies!
Chart Comparing Sprouters
Dan's special auto-shutoff quick-connect fittings (connecting mist-tubing to valve) make it easy to click your Sprouter on to & off the water-line to move it or clean it.
All parts are installed, tested and ready-to-go. The only extra part you need is the hose leading to a faucet or cold-water pipe. Buy this locally or from Dan, see photos here.
Ask Dan about his other optional extras such as a water filter, nozzle plugs, and additional trays.
|Feature||Small Sprouter||Large Sprouter|
|Growing Container||20" wide x 14" deep x 9" high (51 x 36 x 23 cm)||40" x 16.5" x 9.5" (100 x 42 x 24 cm)|
|with pre-fitted Mist Kit and quick-connect fittings||13-ft Mist-tubing (4-ft inside Sprouter + 9-ft or 2.5m spare outside), 5 brass & stainless steel Nozzles, 5 nozzle T-fittings with 9 compression rings and 1 end-cap, 5 mist-tubing Hangers||16-ft Mist-tubing (7-ft inside + 9-ft spare), 10 brass & stainless steel Nozzles, 10 nozzle T-fittings with 19 compression rings and 1 end-cap, 10 mist-tubing Hangers|
|Extra spare Nozzles||1 pack of 5||1 pack of 10|
|Plant Trays, 2 inches high, food-grade plastic||Six 3"x13" trays||Six 3"x13" trays, plus three 6"x13" wheatgrass trays|
|Drain Tube with Screw-in Spout||3-feet tubing||3-feet tubing|
|Timer & Valve with 8 misting cycles in 24-hour period||Timer comes with 110v Transformer (or select 230v with metric valve).
Valve comes with Adapter to connect it to a washing-machine hose
|PVC Sprouter Stand||yes||yes|
|Retail Price – for guidance only, may differ today||$199 + $20 Shipping||$299+$20 — double the size but not double the price!|
|Need help? Call Pastor Dan Schaefer in Michigan at +1-989-689-0005 (EST-NY time) or email Dan|
Which Sprouter To Get?
Are you wondering which Sprouter to get?
I love the Large Sprouter because you grow wheatgrass, greens, beans and grains all in one Sprouter. This saves on cleaning!
I think we should chew on wheatgrass every day for teeth and gums, and juice it 4-5 days a week. The chlorophyll cleans and sterilizes your bloodstream, while the oxygen in fresh living grass is a microbe-killer. Green plants are rich in proteins and minerals to rebuild your cells and tissues.
Dan, who builds the Sprouters, also loves the Large Sprouter. He pays a plastics manufacturer to make the container and trays especially for you.
"Both the container and trays are FDA approved food grade plastic. They're more durable for years of dependable service.
My GoGreen Sprouter is the most reliable. The other automatic sprouters all have a motor that can break down."
Best pages to learn more:
- See comparison chart of my GoGreen Sprouter with the EasyGreen sprouter
- GoGreen Mist Kits — photos & specs of Basic, Small & Large Kits to build your own Automatic Sprouter.
- Sprouting Links — see all info on Sprouting.
- Site Map — see the whole Feast :)
Hello Val, I really love your site, it has to be one of the best raw food sites I have found on the net.
Stay Up-to-Date !
Treat Yourself to:
- Free 9-week Class by Email — on how to eat LIVING plants for super Health & Energy! See Class details.
- Free Plans to build an Automatic Sprouter — enjoy living greens in your kitchen!
- Free Newsletter giving you weekly links to Free New Health Talks from Experts!